Tuesday, December 17, 2013

AET Week 4 Peer Review

MartyrSociety In Week 4 Reflection: RISE Peer Review assignment, I am giving feedback to a fellow classmate’s Week 3 Project.  His name is Kinser “KB” Brown and his ad for a Youtube series called “Marty Society”. First thing I would like to say is that I love the new ad and the message that is sent thru the illustration. The message is pure. It is showing a man screaming. It looks as if he has broken free from the handcuff and the ball in chain. I love how you added these features in your ad to show that you are trying to help people break from spiritual and physical bondage through your show.

This assignment wants me to ask you “what were you trying to communicate by”… certain parts of your ad. Personally I see the message that you are trying to establish in your ad. You are trying to express “freedom” without spelling it out. I also enjoyed how you made the objects and the script transparent. One this I would suggest is that you make the handcuffs, the script, and the ball and chain a little darker. The brown brick background makes it kind of hard for the red letters to pop out and the grey concrete makes it kind of hard to notice the brown handcuff and the ball and chain. Those are the only things I would say for you to go back and maybe revamp in your ad. Other than that I actually love the design and your message. I also went to Youtube to check out the movement, and it is very positive.  Over the past few months that we have been in classes together, I have noticed that you are very passionate about the “Christian Hip Hop Movement”, and it shows through all your work… in and out of class!

I hope you enjoyed my RISE: Peer Review and I want to wish you and yours a happy holiday and a prosperous new year! See you in 2014!

Best,

Lauren Benzo



No comments:

Post a Comment