Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 4 Reflection: RISE Peer Review

For this assignment, I had to review one of my peer's business plan. I had the pleasure to review Julia's business plan for "Revolt Media Group". I hope you all enjoy.

Julia's Week 3 Project: Finalized Business Plan

Good Evening Julia,

I just finished going over your business plan for Revolt Media Group, and I will say that I was not only delighted to review it, but I was also very impressed. I related to your idea because I have a background in radio, and I deeply agree that there aren’t many shows that cater to the average young adult. I also enjoy the fact that you are doing it in New York. Hopefully one day you may hire me as an personality. I would also like to point out that your target market is perfect. Being honest, listening to Power 105 or Hot 97 is like “blah” these days, I can tell that you plan on adding some type of variety to your company than what Emmis or Clear Channel only approves their stations to play.

To inquire, I would say instead of waiting for your fan base to out beat Apple/Beats or Sirius, I would try to link with a program director that is established in their company and inquire about having a slot. When I stated radio, I worked on Invasion Radio on a web site, and my boss at the time met with some heads at Sirius and we were able to not only do the show on the web but we were also able to do it on Sirius. It’s like the same thing Kay Slay does. Wednesdays on Shade 45 and Thursdays on Hot 97. It’s a great way to cross promote your brand and to break down barriers to lay down your foundation a little quicker.

If you are seeking personalities that are not only going to bring you listeners but also advertisement, I would suggest looking into bloggers that work for 2DopeBoyz, JackThriller, AllHipHop, Complex, and other sites. When you are getting people like that that already has a great fan base and viral outlet, this will help in the long run, because your brand is promoting them, and their brand will promote yours. One hand washes the other… while both hands wash the face together.
Other than that, I really enjoyed your business plan. You really did your research and gave everyone an in depth example of what it takes to start a business. Remember, when you make it big, I hope you have a personality position for me. Until then have a great month and see you again soon!!
Best,

Lauren Benzo

No comments:

Post a Comment