Friday, November 28, 2014

Week 1 Exploration: Web Basics



Getting ready for this course, I would say that initial reaction was both intriguing and intimidating. From writing for many websites, I would either send in the interviews or reviews to the coder and let them do their work, or at times I would go into the site because they are ran by WordPress, and I would put the content in myself. Let’s just say that Wordpress makes it much easy to understand. Yet when I click over to the HTLM side of the post. It’s a lot of codes I had no idea what they meant. I can say that I have learned a lot over the past 3 hours watching the videos. Yet, I know that I still have more learning to do. 

I can envision myself working with the web in the future working on my craft of actually doing some good web design. Who knows, I may by able to make my own professional website. I have confidence in myself, but I know it is a lot of work. I could also direct a client to a web designer that I have worked with in the past and collect a finders fee. Where there a will there is a way. 


There were many points of interest from this lesson but if I had to choose 3, one would be about the coding. When I say that I am a no-brainer at these codes, I am so serious. Yet, after watching the videos, I feel a little more comfortable with them. I will just have to go back to my notes every now and then to keep up with everything. Another point would be choosing a code editor. How easy would it be me to use since I am a beginner? The speed of the code editor. Would hate to have a slow editor and it make everything more difficult, and the features. Last but not least, is web design actually right for me. I have so much going on in my profession, this could be a gift and a curse. More so saying, if I can master this, I can use my skills to my best extent and add another professional notch to my belt. This is very time consuming, web hosting, posting, keeping up to date content on the site. This is where the curse would come in, and I wouldn’t want to just throw in the towel and call someone to do the work for me.

I can say that I will approach my on-going web project differently as a result of this lesson. I have grown a little confidence, and I feel with that tools that I will be working with during this month will help me learn more and may want to dive into the world of web design. No promises, but I will definitely get my feet wet and give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment