Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 2 Practice: Networking

For this practice assignment, I had to research some media industry conferences that best suits my career goals. After breaking them all down in two, I had to pick one that was local and one that was national. I chose these two conferences, because I know attending these events would help me progress in my career as a radio personality/journalist. Not only will I be able to learn from the professionals that are speaking on the panel. but they will also be great people to network and build with.


Local: Public Radio Content Conference- Pittsburgh, PA: I chose this conference because as you know I have a great passion for radio. This conference is for program directors to network and hopefully collaborate on some ideas in the future. Yes, I know that I am not a program director *yet*, but I would love to attend because this will give me an opportunity with some directors, ask for advise and wisdom, and hopefully gain a potential position at their station in the future.



National: Revolt Music Conference- Miami, FL: I chose this particular conference not only because it's popular, but this conference is a industry event that combines the worlds of music, blogging, radio, social media, television, and more. Not to mention, there are a great amount of celebrities, yet I know myself and I will not attend to see performances or meet "celebs". I will use this conference as a tool to boost my career. There will be a variety of people that I could network with. So to say, I will meet a producer. I will let him/her know that I am a journalist and I would to conduct an interview with them. BOOM! I could also meet website owners that are seeking freelance journalists or maybe a program director that has inquired about me in the past may give me a job offer because I carry my brand in a professional way. When you are involved with conferences such as this one, you have to always keep your eyes and ears open to gain knowledge and work your networking magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment