Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Week 3 Practice: Company Questions

For this practice assignment, I  had to conjure up some questions that I would ask an potential employer during an interview. I feel that the questions I chose to list would show that I have great interest in not only the position, but also the company as a whole. 

1. What would you say are the biggest challenges that an employee would face in this position?

This question shows that I do not have any blinders on when it comes to a new job and the excitement that comes with it. This also shows that I recognize that every job has elements that can range from simple to difficult, and I am being thoughtful about what it will take to succeed in the position. 

2. Can you describe a typical day/week in this position?
This question shows that I am thinking beyond the actual interview and am visualizing what it will be like working the position. Unlike some people that are only focused on landing the position without thinking about what will come after.

3. What would you call a successful 1st year in this particular position?

Asking this question will show that my mental is focused towards the same direction as the manager when it comes to what the position needs from the potential employee to contribute to the team, company, and the brand as a whole. I also give the intent to the employer that I am willing to not only achieve that goal, but to also surpass it. 

4. How will the success of the employee in this position be measured?
This question actually piggybacks off the previous question, but it also shows me what the manager actually would values from the employee. I know that certain things may satisfy my previous employer but knowing what is important to the new management will give me a clear understanding of what is what they want in an employee. 

5. Does your company support personal and professional growth with the brand? If so, in what ways would you say it does?


I personally ask this question for every position that I may apply for. We all have to start at some level, but we all do not want to be in the same position for years and years, unless that is the career that you deeply want. This will also show the employer that I am passionate about growing with the company and the brand, instead of just seeking some type of employment that will keep my bills paid for a year or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment