Thursday, December 4, 2014

Week 2 Analysis: User Behavior


Holy Magdalena Cupcake Express

List of Potential Questions/ Tasks of the Ideal Site Visitor:
Will I be able to know what kind of cupcakes they are selling?

Yes, you will visually see the cupcakes and the recipes that make these cupcakes unique.


Are they only selling cupcakes or are there any more products that are for sale?
You will be able to view a full menu of all the goods that are for sale including pies and cookies.


Is there a schedule where I can see where the food truck will be located?
Yes, we have a schedule that will be up to show the customer where the truck will be.

Did you ever think of broadcasting the food truck’s location in “real-time”?        
We know that it makes it easy for the customer to be informed about where the food truck will be parking next, even though we do have a schedule, I am personally thinking of embedding a google map to be displayed on the homepage. If the owner is up to entering his current location, customers can find the truck on their mobile devices.  

Why can I not find this company on any social networks?

At the time we are currently working on that. To make it easy for easy for the owner of the truck, we plan on having an auto-feed app to add posts on the truck’s Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social network accounts. You can now follow us on Twitter and like our FaceBook page.

What is the story behind this brand?
Everything you will need to know about Archer, his daughter, and how the food truck came along, you will be able to read all of this in the about section of the website.


Before I try them out, I would really like to know what other people say about their cupcakes and other goodies?
You will be able to see all the reviews in the Press/Review section of the website. I would also love to ask you to leave a review yourself after you have visit the truck. We invite all type of feedback.

I am a person that is always on the go, but I love pleasing my sweet tooth. Is this site mobile optimized?
Since the food truck is on-the-go, our customers are on-the-go. I feel that this website should be also. The site is  100% mobile optimized. This will work on any smart phone, tablet, and laptop.
My daughter’s birthday is coming up, and I would really love for her to have your cupcakes, instead of a regular cake because we are a vegan family.  Will I be able to see prices for catering?
Yes you will, we actually have a special section for this. We are currently working with the owner to collect this information for customers that want to make large orders.

How are some ways I can contact the Holy Magdalena Cupcake Express?             
We have a section where you can access their contact information. Along with this information, you will soon able to keep up with HMCE through social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and more. Our goal is to please the customer and make sure that we can be easily accessible for you.



Freelance Consideration:



How does your proposed strategy address the questions/tasks that you came up with? I will say it addresses everything that was asked. I know that there is some information that I will have to get from the owner, look into mobile optimizing this site, and I will have to set up the social networking accounts and auto-feed before I am finished with the site so the site will already have the social networking content on it.

What, if any, gaps have you identified between the content you have and the content you need?
As I stated above, I will need to work out the social networking situation, embedding the google map on the site, and collecting information from the owner, such as primary contact information and catering service information.

How does your site mock- support the ideal visitor’s quest for information?
I feel that it is great. One thing I remember what Archer said was to make it intuitive, attractive, and simple. This is what I have done. I wanted the site to be pleasing to the customer’s eye and easy for their mind. When you throw a whole bunch of stuff together, it becomes cluttered. A wise woman by the name of Emily always told me “Less is More”… and she is right!


Do you feel that the site navigation is intuitive based on the questions/tasks you identified? How?
I definitely feel that this site is very easy to navigate. Everything that a person will need to know and see will be on the front page. If they want more information on anything such as the schedule, the menu, or contact information… it will only be one click away.   

No comments:

Post a Comment